Welcome to our second installment in our Department Badge series. This installment deals with the West Haven Fire Police. Organized in 1899, the Fire Police would play a large role in our department for several years before disbanding in 1913 to make way for the organization of the Borough’s police force.
Above is a photograph of our Fire Police. The first mention of the “Fire Police” appears in the revised 1898 Rules and Regulations of the West Haven Fire Department.